…well…maybe a Black, socially conscious introvert.
1) On a Friday night, begin re-reading all of your bell hooks, Alice Walker or Toni Morrison books.
2) Skype chat with a friend about your application of critical race theory to films directed by Black male directors versus Black female directors of indie films.
3) Have a wine up with one or two (because we introverts rarely exceed this number at once) friends and discuss the sociopolitical and pop culture impact of the Obamas now, and what it may be like when we reflect back 10 or 20 years from now.
4) Watch Scandal with a few friends (or your sisters, as I do with 2 of mine) and live tweet or discuss your thoughts during the commercials.
6) Do a tweetup with one tweetheart that you like and chat about current or past music and its implications in the digital age.
7) Do a competition to see who can bear to be around an extrovert for the longest period of time without going batshit crazy. The loser buys the other introverts some Starbucks or Red Stripe. (Red Stripe Light is what life is about. Tastes like the champagne of beer. I promise.)
8) See how long you versus a friend can watch a show and pretend “it’s just a show” before your critical thinking and sociopolitical examination kicks in. (I never win this).
9) See who between you and another friend can best convince someone who thinks all of this listed above is “boring,” that you actually have a ball during all of this. Ha. The loser buys the wine for your next hangout.
Related Post: The Black Introvert Struggle